Plan your visit
Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays
In weeks 7 and 42 the Steno Museum is open 10 am-4 pm.
The Steno Museum is closed for Christmas 22.12.16-2.1.17 - all days incl.
Admissions and discounts
The Steno Museum
Admission to the Steno Museum
Adults: 30 kr.
Children and young people u. 18 years of age: Free
Presentation in the planetarium:
Regardless of age: 30 kr.
Some groups have free admission to the museum:
- Groups of day-care centres, school and high school students and accompanying teachers and educators.
- Students at Aarhus University. Remember your student ID card.
- Staff at Science and Technology, Aarhus University.
- Members of Steno Museets Venner, Jysk Medicinhistorisk Selskab og Botanisk Haves Venner.
Guided tour of the exhibitions for a group of maximum 15 persons: 475 DKK
Special presentation in the planetarium for a group: 475 DKK
You are always welcome to ask for further information at the information office.
Book a visit or a guided tour
If you are an association or a group - or if you just want an experience out of the ordinary - you can book a guided tour of the exhibitions or a presentation in the planetarium.
We have put together three exciting guided tours that will take you through the heights of the history of science and the history of medicine exhibitions. Do you have other wishes or needs, you are more than welcome to contact us on telephone +45 8715 5415 or on mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For booking of planetarium presentations please contact the museum on +45 8715 5415.
School Service offers a wide range of educational programmes for school and high school students or students at other educational institutions.
Find your way to the Steno Museum
The museum is located in the heart of Aarhus, only a 10-minute walk from the Cathedral.
Arriving by bus
A number of buses stop nearby the Steno Museum. Bus 13, 16, and 2A all stop on Ny Munkegade or Langelandsgade. Find routes and timetables on midttrafik.dk.
Arriving by car
There are parking spaces for cars and buses at the museum. Parking is free for museum visitors. It is also possible to park in the University Park.
Parking spaces for visitors with disabilities are found just outside the main entrance. The exhibitions, the planetarium and most of the herb garden are accessible to wheelchair users.
Accompanying carers have free admission to the museum and its planetarium.
Wheelchairs can be borrowed at the museum.
- Lockers are found in the cloakroom.
- Pushchairs can be borrowed from the reception.
- You can enjoy your packed lunch in the café area.
- The café offers hot and cold drinks, ice cream etc.
- WiFi: The museum's WiFi is available to school groups as well as students at Aarhus University.
- Photos and videos: You are welcome to film and take photos at the Steno Museum for private use. However, it is important that you comply with staff instructions.
- Social media: You are welcome to upload photos and videos from the museum to social media. Pleas add a tag: #StenMuseet or #ScienceMuseerne.
The Steno Museum
C.F. Møllers Alle 2
The University Park, bldg. 1100
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Phone: +45 8715 5415